PA Lottery Xpress Sports
If you are a sports fan or you have grown tired of the same old lottery games, then the PA Lottery has something else that may pique your interest. Xpress Sports is PA Lottery's virtual sports venture. This section offers its customers a chance to experience a virtual event and get results within minutes. They started offering Xpress Sports in 2018, and the venture quickly became popular amongst Pennsylvanians.
Xpress Sports offer Pennsylvania’s residents a chance to bet on a virtual event in two sports:
- Derby Cash Horse Racing Game
- Xpress Car Racing Game
Below you can read more about each game.
Xpress Car Racing
In this exciting speedway adventure, you will be taken on a two-lap race around the track. There will be twelve race cars, and you have to predict who the top three cars would be. Each vehicle has an equal chance to win each race, and the starting position doesn't matter. There is a new race to bet on every five minutes. You can bet on it from any PA Lottery retailer or play on a self-serving touch screen vending machine. If you don't know where to find a retailer or a vending machine, look them up on the PA Lottery official website or the mobile app.
How to Play
These are the steps you need to take, and you will have no problem playing Xpress Car Racing.
- Buy a payslip at any retail location or self-serving vending machine.
- Select the amount you want to play for each race outcome selected.
- Choose the number of consecutive races you wish to play.
- Select the number of cars you think will finish in 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. You can pick up to five combinations per race. There is also a “quick pick” option.
Even though you will see the results of previous races on the screen, there is no coloration between them, meaning that each race is independent and not affected by previous races. The results are generated randomly. You can win by:
- Matching the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cars in any order
- Matching the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place cars in exact order
- Matching the 1st and 2nd place cars in any order
- Matching the 1st and 2nd place cars in a correct order
- Matching the 1st place car
All of the previous results are displayed on the mobile app and the website at all times.
Derby Cash Horse Racing
The Derby Cash PA Lottery game made its debut in the late seasons of 2019 as something that will keep customers on their toes as the virtual horses race down the stretch. You can win prizes up to $800,000. Each race also called drawing, includes twelve thoroughbred horses (each horse has a different chance of winning). The horse that has the lowest number has the highest chance to win the race. The horse with the highest number has the smallest chance of winning the race. New race (draw) begins every five minutes, and you can watch it live and even in person at select retailers (over 2,000.) You can view a map of these retailers on the PA Lottery website. You can play Derby Cash Horse Racing at any PA Lottery retailer that sells Draw Games and also at any touch screen vending machine. Another thing you can see on the website is the past results of drawings and even the chances and prizes.
How to Play
Follow these easy steps to start your Derby Cash journey and enjoy watching the horses run on the virtual grass.
- Pick up a Derby Cash payslip at any PA Lottery retailer.
- Select the amount you want to play for each race.
- Select the number of consecutive races you want to play. You can choose from one to twenty.
- Select one play type only (play types descriptions are written on the back of the payslip.)
- Select your horses or use the “quick pick” option.
- Decide if you want the Derby Cash multiplier. The multiplier is automatically drawn before each race, and it triples the cost of your ticket. It can increase your winnings between two times and ten times.
The results of all races are randomly generated, which means there is no connection between a draw and a previous one. Races result in a 1st, 2nd, 3rd, and 4th place finishers. You can win by:
If you don't have time to see the live races, you can also see the results of each race on the PA Lottery website and the official mobile app.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How much do the Derby Cash Horse Racing and Xpress Car Racing tickets cost?
A: The cost of tickets can be $1, $2, $3, $4, $5, $10 and $20. But the total price of the Derby Cash Horse Racing pay slip depends on the number of consecutive races and play type selected. The total price of the Xpress Car Racing pay slip increases the total cost of the ticket by the amount you selected in the first step. You can also use PA Lottery bonus code MAXLOTTO to claim.
Q: How do I choose my multiplier for the Derby Cash Horse Racing game?
A: You can't choose it yourself. The multiplier is randomly selected before each race. You can only choose whether or not the lottery applies the chosen multiplier to your winnings if you win.
Q: Where can I get my prizes if I win?
A: You can claim your prizes at any PA Lottery retailer. You have to have the winning payslip physically.
Q: Do I have to pay taxes for any of my winnings?
A: If your winnings are greater than $600, then you will receive a unique form from the retailer. You have to submit this form along with your tax returns and report your winnings.
The PA Lottery Xpress sports are their only attempt at sports betting for now (even if it is only virtual). The games are fun, entertaining, and a great way to diversify and try out something different than the usual number of games. They chose to provide two racing sports and judging by their success. I would say that they generate a lot of customers. The Xpress sports rewards and chances are also substantial compared to their competition.